Monday, March 13, 2006

You know you're getting old when.....

There are many ways a person realizes they are getting old. For some, it might be the first grey hair, for others, the first sign of losing hair. I come across people every day for whom it is realizing they need bifocals. For me, the realization came Saturday night.

It seems that someone in the condo apartments on the other side of the woods was having a party that night. After listening to the noise, and being concerned that it would wake Sam up, I did it. Yep, I called the cops! The worst part is what I said. Bethany chortled from the living room as the following phrase exited my lips: "They are making quite a lot of noise, and there seems to be a lot of hooting and hollering over there".

The kicker is guess what time I made the phone call complaining of too much noise? 10:30--no, midnight--no, 1 am--no.......
..
..
..9:15 pm (insert sheepish grin here).

Yep, I'm old

1 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

I don't chortle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home