Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Pete vs. Bruce

Today on the way home from daycare, I decided to switch music on Sam. Since we've been back from San Diego, I have successfully transferred my car music from the Wiggles, Laurie Berkner and Raffi, to my favourite, Bruce Springsteen.

Sam has been obsessed with the guitar, since his Grandma Shel and her friend Jonathan bought him a real guitar, as well as a ukelele for Chanukah. I'd been playing some of my Bruce bootlegs, mostly from his recent solo acoustic tour. Sam has taken to the songs, 'Maria's Bed' and 'Empty Sky', so that's what I get to listen to on trips to and from daycare. After two weeks of those,
however, even the most rabid Bruce fan can get a little bored.

Today I mixed it up by putting in a Pete Townshend bootleg.
At first, he said "I don't want Pete" and started getting ready to cry, but then once I started the CD, he said "who is this?, and seemed to enjoy it. He even asked me to move my hockey stick, so that he could hold it and pretend he was playing guitar.

His favourites were the fast strumming on Drowned, but he also liked Sleeping Dog and Let My Love Open the Door. We'll see who he requests tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home